I have just made a new video of a recital of the Jayamangalagāthā (known as Jayaparitta in Thailand). The photographs that accompany the video are of murals at Wat Olak Madu, in Kedah, Malaysia.
The text and translation has been synchronised with the chanting. The metre is Vasantatilakā, a 14-syllablic metre popular in medieval times.
The text is believed to have been composed in Chiang Mai, Thailand in the 18th century, and has a number of grammatical mistakes in it, but remains one of the most popular chants in the tradition.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Establishment of Buddhism in Sri Lanka
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Buddha makes Peace, not War
- Bhante Anandajoti: Bodhi Puja
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Buddha returns to his Relatives
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Story of Arahat Sāriputta