I am currently staying in the Sri Lankan Buddhist Temple in Sentul, Kuala Lumpur, after returning from Cambodia last Saturday. The incumbent monk here is Ven. B. Sri Saranankara, who has been with the temple since the 1980s. During that time he has transformed the temple into one of the most vibrant centres of Buddhist activity in Malaysia, especially in the area of social work.
Last year, while I was still in the Bodhi Lankarama Buddhist Temple in Taiping, Bhante very graciously came and gave a talk on The Four Spiritual States, which I recorded and present here. As will be clear to anyone watching the video Bhante speaks from the heart and from his own very personal experience in the area of compassionate action.
There is some background noise from the adjoining temple at the beginning of the video, which stops after a couple of minutes.
Possibly Related Posts:
- More Audio Files added to Godwin’s Archives
- Unedited Archives of Acarya Godwin’s Retreat Talks
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Establishment of Buddhism in Sri Lanka
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Buddha makes Peace, not War
- Bhante Anandajoti: Bodhi Puja