The silk road featured some beautiful music by someone who was barely known at the time, and who was brought to prominence by writing the haunting theme music for the series, the Japanese musician Kitarō.
Whenever I hear the music it instantly reminds me of the long and arduous, but also romantic journey across the wastes of the Taklamakan Desert, lost outposts and hidden caves.
Here is a very faithful live recording of Kitarō playing the theme at the Tokyo Orchard Hall on September 26th 2009.
if this video is no longer available please leave a comment so I can update the page
Possibly Related Posts:
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Establishment of Buddhism in Sri Lanka
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Buddha makes Peace, not War
- Bhante Anandajoti: Bodhi Puja
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Buddha returns to his Relatives
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Story of Arahat Sāriputta