Bhante Guttasīla is a New Zealand monk who ordained in Wat Bowon in Bangkok, in 1976. He first traveled to Sri Lanka in 1979, and more or less took up residence there in 1980.
Shortly thereafter he met the great German monk Ven Ñāṇavimala, and had contact with him off and on for a decade or more.
When Bhante visited me here at Vivekavana Solitude Grove in June, I thought it would be a good opportunity to record his recollections of Ven Ñāṇavimala for our ongoing series.
I present here excerpts from the conversation I captured on video that day, and meanwhile a transcript is in progress. Note that Bhante Guttasīla is very soft spoken, and his voice takes a little while to get used to.
if this video is no longer available please leave a comment so I can update the page
Possibly Related Posts:
- More Audio Files added to Godwin’s Archives
- Unedited Archives of Acarya Godwin’s Retreat Talks
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Establishment of Buddhism in Sri Lanka
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Buddha makes Peace, not War
- Bhante Anandajoti: Bodhi Puja