A talk given in the Vivekavana Buddhist Society on the period from the Bodhisatta’s renunciation, up to the Awakening, and the first year thereafter.
I made the talk into a video which is illustrated with a map of the area where the events took place, together with some extra information missing in the talk itself.
For many more maps see the Maps Section of my Ancient Buddhist Texts website.
For the source of most of the information see this early Vinaya text The Great Chapter.
and for information from later sources see The Life of the Victorious Buddha.
For the Buddha’s first four discourses see The Earliest Recorded Discourses of the Buddha.
if this video is no longer available please leave a comment so I can update the page
Possibly Related Posts:
- More Audio Files added to Godwin’s Archives
- Unedited Archives of Acarya Godwin’s Retreat Talks
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Establishment of Buddhism in Sri Lanka
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Buddha makes Peace, not War
- Bhante Anandajoti: Bodhi Puja