This is an illustrated talk video of a talk I gave on the Full Moon night in March, 2015.
It discusses how the Buddha came to return to his home town Kapilavatthu, and the events that unfolded there.
It particularly follows the Buddha’s family and how they were led to Awakening themselves.
The stories include that of his Father, Foster-Mother, wife, younger brother and son.
It also shows how some of the most famous teachings in the tradition were given on these occasions.
The talk is illustrated by stills taken from the film the Path to Enlightenment and annotations.
Possibly Related Posts:
- More Audio Files added to Godwin’s Archives
- Unedited Archives of Acarya Godwin’s Retreat Talks
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Establishment of Buddhism in Sri Lanka
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Buddha makes Peace, not War
- Bhante Anandajoti: Bodhi Puja