I first saw this video in 2007 and was very moved by it, such a wonderful evocation of the spirit of the Bodhisattva Avalokiteshwara! The performers are from the China Disabled Peoples Performance Art Troupe in Hubei, and all of the dancers are deaf and mute. The lead dancer is Tai Lihua who is also a teacher at the school.
There is a DVD available in Malaysia at shops like Sukhi Hotu, which, besides being in high-definition, also includes many extras, like interviews with Tai Lihua, rehearsals, discussion shows, etc. It is well worth anyone trying to get hold of a copy.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Establishment of Buddhism in Sri Lanka
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Buddha makes Peace, not War
- Bhante Anandajoti: Bodhi Puja
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Buddha returns to his Relatives
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Story of Arahat Sāriputta