Four wonderful and heartfelt songs sung by Ani Choying Drolma. The first is a music video recorded at the Swayambhunath Temple in Kathmandu, Nepal.
The others were recorded live in Germany at different times over the past few years, and the last one includes a German translation of her famous song Phoolko Akhama.
from the Wikipedia:
Ani Choying Drolma is a Buddhist nun and musician from the Nagi Gompa nunnery in Nepal. She is known in Nepal and throughout the world for bringing many Tibetan Buddhist chants and feast songs to mainstream audiences.
Ani Choying was born in 1971 in Kathmandu, Nepal, to Tibetan exiles. She decided at an early age to pursue monastic life, and she was accepted into the Nagi Gompa nunnery at the age of 12.
For a number of years, the monastery’s resident chant master taught Ani Choying the music that she is now famous for performing.
if this video is no longer available please leave a comment so I can update the page
Possibly Related Posts:
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Establishment of Buddhism in Sri Lanka
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Buddha makes Peace, not War
- Bhante Anandajoti: Bodhi Puja
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Buddha returns to his Relatives
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Story of Arahat Sāriputta