Jā 312 Kassapamandiyajātakaṁ
Reconciliation and Responsibility
A father and a younger brother argue along the road, and the Bodhisatta reproves them with these words.
143. Sace pi santo vivadanti, khippaṁ sandhīyare puna,
Bālā pattā va bhijjanti, na te samatham-ajjhagū,
144. Ete bhiyyo samāyanti sandhi tesaṁ na jīrati.
If good people quarrel, they should
Quickly join together again,
Making a strong, undecaying bond,
Only fools, like broken bowls,
Do not come to a settlement.
Yo cādhipannaṁ jānāti, yo ca jānāti desanaṁ,
145. Eso hi uttaritaro bhāravaho dhurandharo,
Yo paresādhipannānaṁ sayaṁ sandhātum-arahati.
He who understands the problem,
He who understands the teaching,
Is a brother who bears his duties,
He is surely worthy to be
A conciliator of others.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Publication of the Entrance into the Light of the Dharma
- Creating New Tags in Html5
- Publication of Dharma-Sangraha, The Dharma Collection
- Uposatha Calendars 2017
- Summary of Publications during 2016