Jā 516 Mahākapijātakaṁ
Ungratefulness gets its Just Deserts
A man lost in a forest is saved by a monkey, the Bodhisatta, who, tired out, lies down to rest. The man, who is hungry, tries to kill him with a rock but fails. He is struck with leprosy, dies and is reborn in hell.
126. Kuṭṭhī kilāsī bhavati yo mittānaṁ idhaddubhi,
Kāyassa bhedā mittaddu Nirayaṁ so upapajjati.
He who betrays his friends
Will become an outcaste,
And after that cheat dies
He is reborn in Hell.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Publication of the Entrance into the Light of the Dharma
- Creating New Tags in Html5
- Publication of Dharma-Sangraha, The Dharma Collection
- Uposatha Calendars 2017
- Summary of Publications during 2016