Jā 493, Mahāvāṇijajātakaṁ
Gratefulness and Moderation
The god of a Banyan tree gives presents to merchants, who out of greed decide to cut down the tree. Their chief protests with this verse, and is the only one spared retribution.
125. Yassa rukkhassa chāyāya, nisīdeyya sayeyya vā,
Na tassa sākhaṁ bhañjeyya mittadubbho hi pāpako.
That tree with shade where you can sit or lie,
Its branches the wicked should not destroy.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Publication of the Entrance into the Light of the Dharma
- Creating New Tags in Html5
- Publication of Dharma-Sangraha, The Dharma Collection
- Uposatha Calendars 2017
- Summary of Publications during 2016