SN 1.1.53 Mittasuttaṁ
Four True Friends
A god approaches and asks four questions regarding friends and this is the Buddha’s reply.
124. Sattho pavasato mittaṁ, Mātā mittaṁ sake ghare,
Sahāyo atthajātassa hoti mittaṁ punappunaṁ.
Sayaṁkatāni puññāni taṁ mittaṁ samparāyikaṁ.
A caravan’s a friend abroad,
A Mother is a friend at home,
A companion in times of need
Is a good friend time and again.
Merits that were done by oneself
Are the true friend in the next world.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Publication of the Entrance into the Light of the Dharma
- Creating New Tags in Html5
- Publication of Dharma-Sangraha, The Dharma Collection
- Uposatha Calendars 2017
- Summary of Publications during 2016