Jā 83 Kālakaṇṇijātakaṁ
The True Friend
People objected to someone because he was called Black-Ear; however he turned out to be a true friend. Names are not important, they are but sounds.
104. Mitto have sattapadena hoti,
Sahāyo pana dvādasakena hoti,
Māsaddhamāsena ca ñāti hoti,
Tat-uttariṁ attasamo pi hoti.
He is a friend who goes seven steps,
With twelve a companion true,
He is kith and kin at all times,
He is seen the same as my self.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Publication of the Entrance into the Light of the Dharma
- Creating New Tags in Html5
- Publication of Dharma-Sangraha, The Dharma Collection
- Uposatha Calendars 2017
- Summary of Publications during 2016