Jā 362 Sīlavīmaṁsajātakaṁ
Virtue and Learning
The Bodhisatta wishes to find out which is more important, virtue or learning, and takes a coin a day from the King until on the third day he is arrested. He then understands which is most valued in the world.
100. Mogho jātī ca vaṇṇā ca, sīlam-eva kiruttamaṁ,
Sīlena anupetassa, sutenattho na vijjati.
Birth and beauty are delusions,
Virtue is supreme it is said,
For one unendowed with virtue,
There is no value in learning.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Publication of the Entrance into the Light of the Dharma
- Creating New Tags in Html5
- Publication of Dharma-Sangraha, The Dharma Collection
- Uposatha Calendars 2017
- Summary of Publications during 2016