Dhp 131 Sambahulakumārakavatthu
The Desire for Happiness
As the Buddha goes on his alms-round he sees a group of boys tormenting a snake for fun. He admonishes them with this verse.
99. Sukhakāmāni bhūtāni yo daṇḍena vihiṁsati,
Attano sukham-esāno, pecca so na labhate sukhaṁ.
He who harms with a stick beings
Who also desire happiness,
While himself seeking happiness,
Will not find happiness later.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Publication of the Entrance into the Light of the Dharma
- Creating New Tags in Html5
- Publication of Dharma-Sangraha, The Dharma Collection
- Uposatha Calendars 2017
- Summary of Publications during 2016