Dhp 129 Chabbaggiyabhikkhuvatthu
Comparing Oneself with Others
The group of six monks chase off the group of seventeen monks and take their rooms. The Buddha lays down a rule and speaks the following verse.
98. Sabbe tasanti daṇḍassa, sabbe bhāyanti Maccuno,
Attānaṁ upamaṁ katvā, na haneyya na ghātaye.
Everyone trembles at the stick,
Everyone is in fear of Death,
Seeing oneself in the other,
One should not kill or have them killed.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Publication of the Entrance into the Light of the Dharma
- Creating New Tags in Html5
- Publication of Dharma-Sangraha, The Dharma Collection
- Uposatha Calendars 2017
- Summary of Publications during 2016