Jā 207 Assakajātakaṁ
The Impermanence of Desire
A negligent queen gets reborn as a worm, and is made by the Bodhisatta to speak to her grieving King, who when he hears about her love for her new husband abandons his grief.
95. Navena sukhadukkhena porāṇaṁ apithīyati,
Tasmā Assakaraññā va kīṭo piyataro mamaṁ.
The pleasure and pain of past lives
Are forgotten in the new life,
Therefore a worm appears to me
Better than good King Assaka.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Publication of the Entrance into the Light of the Dharma
- Creating New Tags in Html5
- Publication of Dharma-Sangraha, The Dharma Collection
- Uposatha Calendars 2017
- Summary of Publications during 2016