Jā 539 Mahājanakajātakaṁ
The Necessity for Effort
The Bodhisatta is nearly lost at sea, but through his courageous and determined effort makes it to land again. Later he reflects on his success.
89. Acintitam-pi bhavati, cintitam-pi vinassati,
Na hi cintāmayā bhogā itthiyā purisassa vā.
Sometimes the unthought of occurs,
And what is well thought-out will fail,
Happiness does not come through thought.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Publication of the Entrance into the Light of the Dharma
- Creating New Tags in Html5
- Publication of Dharma-Sangraha, The Dharma Collection
- Uposatha Calendars 2017
- Summary of Publications during 2016