Jā 426 Dīpijātakaṁ
More than Gentle Persuasion is Sometimes Necessary
A goat tries with kind words to persuade a panther not to attack and eat her; the panther however didn’t listen and got his prey.
86. Neva duṭṭhe nayo atthi na dhammo na subhāsitaṁ,
Nikkamaṁ duṭṭhe yuñjetha, so ca sabbhi na rañjati.
There is no reason or truth or well-spoken words in the wicked,
Endure the wicked, but in them the virtuous will take no delight.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Publication of the Entrance into the Light of the Dharma
- Creating New Tags in Html5
- Publication of Dharma-Sangraha, The Dharma Collection
- Uposatha Calendars 2017
- Summary of Publications during 2016