Jā 370 Palāsajātakaṁ
Not all Growth is Advantageous
A goose warns a tree-god that a banyan sapling that was taking hold in its home would eventually destroy it. The warning was ignored and the tree succumbed.
82. Na tassa vuddhi kusalappasatthā,
Yo vaḍḍhamāno ghasate patiṭṭhaṁ;
Patārayī mūlavadhāya Dhīro.
That growth is not praised by the virtuous,
Which, when grown, consumes what is prospering;
Suspecting it may be an obstacle,
The Wise try to destroy it at the root.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Publication of the Entrance into the Light of the Dharma
- Creating New Tags in Html5
- Publication of Dharma-Sangraha, The Dharma Collection
- Uposatha Calendars 2017
- Summary of Publications during 2016