Jā 342 Vānarajātakaṁ
Seizing the Advantage
A crocodile, wishing to get a monkey’s heart for his wife, entices a monkey onto his back, but at the critical time, the monkey persuades him that he left his heart in a tree and escapes when land is approached.
80. Yo ca uppatitaṁ atthaṁ na khippam-anubujjhati,
Amittavasam-anveti, pacchā ca anutappati.
He who does not attend quickly
To the advantage that is present,
Goes under the power of foes,
He regrets it in the future.
81. Yo ca uppatitaṁ atthaṁ khippam-eva nibodhati,
Muccate sattusambādhā, na ca pacchānutappati.
He who does attend quickly
To the advantage that is present
Is set free from all enemies,
He has no regret in the future.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Publication of the Entrance into the Light of the Dharma
- Creating New Tags in Html5
- Publication of Dharma-Sangraha, The Dharma Collection
- Uposatha Calendars 2017
- Summary of Publications during 2016