Dhp 60 Aññatarapurisavatthu
The Long Journey in Saṁsāra
King Pasenadi is overcome with desire for another man’s wife and seeks to have him killed. During the night he wakes to the sound of four people screaming. The Buddha explains they were adulterers in their previous lives and did no good deeds.
78. Dīghā jāgarato ratti, dīghaṁ santassa yojanaṁ,
Dīgho bālānaṁ saṁsāro Saddhammaṁ avijānataṁ.
Long is the night for those awake,
Long is a league for those tired,
Long is the round of births and deaths
For fools who know not True Dhamma.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Publication of the Entrance into the Light of the Dharma
- Creating New Tags in Html5
- Publication of Dharma-Sangraha, The Dharma Collection
- Uposatha Calendars 2017
- Summary of Publications during 2016