Dhp 204 Pasenadikosalavatthu
The Greatest Things
King Pasenadi is always overeating and suffering for it. The Buddha has the King’s nephew learn and recite a verse which reminds the King to be moderate. Later the King is cured and tells him about his good fortune. The Buddha recites the following verse.
68. Ārogyaparamā lābhā, santuṭṭhi paramaṁ dhanaṁ,
Vissāsā paramā ñāti, Nibbānaṁ paramaṁ sukhaṁ.
Good health is the greatest of gains,
Contentment is the greatest wealth,
Trust is the greatest of our kin,
Emancipation the greatest good.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Publication of the Entrance into the Light of the Dharma
- Creating New Tags in Html5
- Publication of Dharma-Sangraha, The Dharma Collection
- Uposatha Calendars 2017
- Summary of Publications during 2016