Jā 458 Udayajātakaṁ
The Path to Heaven
The Bodhisatta, reborn as the Lord of the Gods Sakka, explains the path to Heaven to his former wife.
57. Vācaṁ manañ-ca paṇidhāya sammā,
Kāyena pāpāni akubbamāno,
Saddho mudū saṁvibhāgī vadaññū,
Saṅgāhako sakhilo saṇhavāco –
Etthaṭṭhito paralokaṁ na bhāye.
Through rightly aspiring with voice and mind,
And doing nothing wicked with the body,
A layman, with abundant food and drinks,
Should be faithful, generous, bountiful,
Being kind in his heart, and kind in speech –
One who lives like this need not fear dying.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Publication of the Entrance into the Light of the Dharma
- Creating New Tags in Html5
- Publication of Dharma-Sangraha, The Dharma Collection
- Uposatha Calendars 2017
- Summary of Publications during 2016