SN 1.1.48 Jetavanasuttaṁ
The Purification of Mortals
Anāthapiṇḍika is reborn as a god in Heaven. Later he comes to see the Buddha and utters these words.
56. Kammaṁ vijjā ca dhammo ca, sīlaṁ jīvitam-uttamaṁ,
Etena maccā sujjhanti, na gottena dhanena vā.
Deeds and knowledge, concentration
And virtue are the life supreme,
By these mortals are purified,
But not by their clan or their wealth.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Publication of the Entrance into the Light of the Dharma
- Creating New Tags in Html5
- Publication of Dharma-Sangraha, The Dharma Collection
- Uposatha Calendars 2017
- Summary of Publications during 2016