Jā 537 Mahāsutasomajātakaṁ
The Priority of Truth
The Bodhisatta’s teaching to the man-eating King, which eventually persuades him to give up his evil habit.
53. Dhanaṁ caje yo pana aṅgahetu,
Aṅgaṁ caje jīvitaṁ rakkhamāno;
Aṅgaṁ dhanaṁ jīvitañ-cāpi sabbaṁ,
Caje naro Dhammam-anussaranto.
He who would give up wealth for limbs,
Would give up his limbs for his life;
But a man who guards the Dhamma,
Will give up limbs, wealth, life and all.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Publication of the Entrance into the Light of the Dharma
- Creating New Tags in Html5
- Publication of Dharma-Sangraha, The Dharma Collection
- Uposatha Calendars 2017
- Summary of Publications during 2016