I recently gave a series of talks on the Basic Practice on Mindfulness, which covers only certain topics which are believed to have been the original teachings on mindfulness to which others were added on later.
These are mainly aimed at what these teachings can offer to the lay practitioner, and concentrate on offering advice for putting these teachings into practice in one’s everyday life.
They comprise these five subjects: in the Contemplation of the Body,
Applying the Mind to Repulsiveness (22 mins);
Contemplation of Feelings (16 mins);
Contemplation of Mind (44 mins);
and in the Contemplation of (the Nature of) Things, two practices, regarding
the Hindrances (56 mins) and
the Factors of Awakening (29 mins).
Possibly Related Posts:
- More Audio Files added to Godwin’s Archives
- Unedited Archives of Acarya Godwin’s Retreat Talks
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Establishment of Buddhism in Sri Lanka
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Buddha makes Peace, not War
- Bhante Anandajoti: The Buddha returns to his Relatives