I came across this fascinating piece of campaigning history the other day on the Wikipedia and thought to share it. When I was 11 years old I became vegetarian and have always been against cruelty to animals in any form. Even now, when I am otherwise so equanimous 😐 I still get upset at seeing animals ill-treated.
The article traces a remarkable piece of activism in the case of anti-vivisectionism in the early 20th century, it is a long piece but will be well worth your time to read, and gets quite exciting at times!
I embed it here live from the Wikipedia, which throws up a dozen lines of garbage of the beginning, but retains most of the original formatting, and so is preferable to copy&pasting.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Photographs around Sanchi and at Nashik
- Photographs of Cave Sites near Lonavala
- Murals of the Great Disciples from Wat Pho
- Publication of the Entrance into the Light of the Dharma
- New Album from Phimai in Korat