Today I am publishing one of the shortest biographies of the Buddha I have come across. The whole work is less than 400 lines and takes around 35 minutes to read. I found it in an obscure Volume in Honour of B.C. Law that was published by the Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute in Poona, India in 1946.
A. Christina Albers was the author of numerous books and articles on both Buddhist and Hindu subjects. Amongst her other works I have found: Buddhist tales for children; Ancient tales of Hindustan; Ram-Sita, the Ramayana in verse; Yogmaya and other dramatic poems; and an article on Vaisakha.
Both the text and the reading can be found HERE on my Ancient Buddhist Texts website.
The Awakened One
Mural from Po Win Daung, Myanmar
Possibly Related Posts:
- Photographs around Sanchi and at Nashik
- Photographs of Cave Sites near Lonavala
- Murals of the Great Disciples from Wat Pho
- Publication of the Entrance into the Light of the Dharma
- New Album from Phimai in Korat