I follow up yesterday’s post with a small collection of photographs from Wikimedia which are released either into the public domain or under a creative commons license which allows their reproduction. For a long time I have had this first photograph on my desktop.
The highest-definition files I could find are linked to by the small reproductions shown here. Just right-click and select: Save Link As… to download to your desktop. If you only want the smaller files, then Save Image As… will do the trick.
The first four of these thangkas are from Bhutan, and the last three from Tibet, and I give as much information underneath as I could find about each of the files.
Jataka Tales, 18th-19th Century from Phajoding Gonpa, Thimphu, Bhutan
Possibly Related Posts:
- Short Video: Arahat Sanghamittā and the Bodhi Tree
- Traditional Lao-Isaan songs telling the Life of the Buddha
- Royal Ballet of Cambodia: Khmer Reamker (Ramayana)
- Somawati Stupa Vandana led by Kiribathgoda Gnanananda Thero
- Lo Weda Sangarawa – Towards a Better World