I gave this talk to the devotees who attended the Candlelight Procession at Vivekavana Monastery on Vesakha Eve.
It recounts the young man Sumedha’s aspiration to become a Buddha and the perfections that had to be fulfilled.
I wanted to impress on people that everybody is capable of developing these qualities and so I illustrated the perfection of generosity from events I know of in everyday life.
I had also intended to speak about the Bodhisatta’s last life, but time ran out and so it had to be left out.
please be warned that the audio quailty is quite poor
Possibly Related Posts:
- More Audio Files added to Godwin’s Archives
- Unedited Archives of Acarya Godwin’s Retreat Talks
- Audio and Audiobook Recordings added to Asvaghosa’s Gold
- New Set of Godwin’s Talks Available
- The Life of the Buddha and his Disciples